|Sweet Potato Special|
5 pounds sweet potatoes
1 12-ounce package pitted prunes
1 cup water
2 cups fresh pineapple, slivered
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1. Cook the potatoes, whole & unpeeled, in water to cover until
they are very soft. Drain the potatoes, pierce them one at a time with a fork,
peel them place them in a large bowl,& mash them.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
3. In a small saucepan, cook the prunes in the 1 cup of water for 5 minutes
Add the prunes, their cooking liquid, & the pineapple to the potatoes, mixing
the ingredients to combine them well.
4. Place the potato mixture in a large oven proof casserole. Sprinkle the potatoes
with brown sugar(if desired), and dot the top with butter or margarine
(if you wish)
5. Place the uncovered casserole in the hot oven, and bake the potatoes for
20 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through.