|Pineapple -Ham Stir Fry|
1 tbsp diet margarine
1 1/2 lb. lean cooked smoked
ham trimmed of fat (cut in 1-inch strips)
2 large onions, sliced
2 large green peppers, sliced
2 cups unsweetened pineapple chunks (juice packed)
2 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Melt the margarine in a large nonstick skillet
2. Add the ham, onions, and green peppers, & saute over moderate heat until the
ham is browned
3. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.
4. Add enough water to the juice to make 3/4 of a cup of liquid.
5. Combine the cornstarch, salt , pepper, soy sauce & pineapple liquid in a bowl
6. Add this to the ham and vegetables, and continue cooking over low heat.
7. Stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened. Add pineapple chunks.