1 kg. ground mutton
1 cup red kidney beans
4 onions (chopped)
1 capsicum, (chopped)
6 pcs tomatoes (chopped)
6 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp each of cornflour & oil
2 tsp cumin powder
4 - 5 green chillies
coriander leaves for garnishing
salt & chilli powder to taste
1. Soak the beans in cold water overnight
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till brown.
Add the capsicum & cook till tender
3. Add the chilli powder, bay leaves, peppercorns, cumin powder and meat.
Brown the mixture and add 5 cups water and salt to taste.
Lower the flame and cook for 45 - 50 minutes, or till done
4. Meanwhile boil the beans and when tender add them to the meat mixture
with the tomatoes. Stir for a low flame for 10 - 25 minutes
5. Add the cornflour (mixed with 1 tbsp water) and cook till the mixture thickens
6. Serve hot, garnished with the chopped coriander leaves