Fresh pita bread
4 pcs whole dill pickle (cut lengthwise)
Marinade for chicken:
2 lb. boneless chicken (cut into pieces)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground green cardamoms
3/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tbsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp crushed red chilli
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for garlic sauce:
2 whole garlic bulbs
1 tsp salt
1 cup corn oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash the chicken pieces pat dry. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl.
Mix all the spices with lemon juice to make thick paste. Rub the paste
over the chicken pieces thoroughly.
2. Marinate it for 5-6 hours at room temperature over night in the refrigerator
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking dish with oil
put chicken pieces in skin side down, and bake it for about 20 minutes.
4. Take it out, turn them over & bake for 10-15 minutes or until the
chicken is tender
5. Remove the skin and shred the chicken with a sharp knife.
Put the shredded chicken in the baking dish . Sprinkle 1 tsp of
sumac and mix well.